Thursday, August 13, 2015

Jurassic World (2015)


Jurassic World Trailer

When I saw the poster of Jurassic World, I thought if I were the writer, the premise would be a new theme park where dinosaurs escape. That's how you can scare people and make the story interesting. And guess what? Bingo! The formula is the same, just the actors are different.

I like the technology introduced in the movie, such as the car ride the kids takes. I believe the imagination by the filmmakers will someday become real technology or real gadgets. For instance, there are much imagination in Back to the Future, Terminator, and Jurassic Park. I used to play spy as a child and talk to my watch as if it was a walkie-talkie. And now we have Apple Watch.

This time the antagonist dinosaur is the Indominus Rex. And T-Rex becomes the protagonist dinosaur. I like the introduction of Monsasaurus. According to the official web page of Jurassic World, Monsasaurus means "Meuse River lizard". It is an immense seagoing lizard, not an actual dinosaur. It uses its fearsome array of teeth to catch fish, birds, and other marine reptiles, even great white sharks.

Velociraptors also appear in this movie and it mirrors Jurassic Park (1993), they attack the protagonists at first and then they together attack the bigger dinosaur.

If you haven't watched Jurassic Park, this is a good movie to watch. But if you have watched Jurassic Park before, you will find many of the scenes are so familiar.

No comments:

Post a Comment